See also:Hodgson keen to take Loftus-Cheek back to PalaceSarri wants Terry back at Chelsea in coaching roleChelsea assessing Loftus-Cheek injurySarri did not expect Abraham loan moveSarri says young Chelsea trio will get chances Ampadu joined Chelsea from Exeter in the summer of 2017 as a 16-year-old, and made seven first-team appearances under former manager Antonio Conte last season.He has yet to feature under new boss Maurizio Sarri but made a huge impression for Wales in central midfield, delivering a man-of-the-match performance in the 4-1 Nations League victory over the Republic.“These young lads nowadays have no fear,” Warnock said.“So I think the next logical thing is if you are not going to play him then give him games on loan.“The big clubs want the ready-made player and can just pay £50million for someone, but these kids need to be playing.“I see Ethan as not dissimilar to Ray Wilkins. I always thought Ray was slow, but his brain was so quick he never gave the ball away.”Warnock is hoping to succeed over Ampadu after losing out in an attempt to sign Tammy Abraham on loan.The veteran manager spoke to Chelsea in the summer and asked to be kept in contact over Abraham, but the England striker moved to Aston Villa on loan last month for the rest of the season.“I talked to Eddie Newton, who is in charge of their loan deals. I was told I’d be kept in touch and unfortunately I wasn’t,” he said.“I thought the least you should get at this level is a telephone call. But I wanted Tammy, I thought he could spearhead our challenge and fit the play we play. But it wasn’t to be and now Villa have got the rewards of him.“The only thing I can think of (as to why the move didn’t happen) is that our deadline was two or three weeks earlier and (Chelsea) might have been thinking of using him in their own squad.“But surely playing for him 20 to 30 times in the Premier League would have improved him – no disrespect to the Championship – I thought it would have been a no-brainer?” Cardiff manager Neil Warnock plans to talk to Chelsea about signing Wales teenager Ethan Ampadu on loan in January.The Bluebirds travel to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League on Saturday, and Warnock says he will speak to Chelsea officials about the prospect of signing Ampadu in the next transfer window.Ampadu, who turned 18 on Friday, has yet to play for Chelsea this season but shone for Wales against the Republic of Ireland and Denmark during the recent international break.AdChoices广告“I think they should loan us him and I could help him as well,” former QPR boss Warnock said at his pre-match press conference.“He doesn’t look out of place and what I like about him is that he is so confident.“He plays the game simple. He will have to quicken up a little bit when he gets higher up because he will get caught. But that’s the whole object of playing games.“When you play with the type of players he has to play with it does help for his education.” [/media-credit] Warnock wanted Tammy Abraham on loan Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
It’s almost two months before Manchester United and Juventus clash in Group H of the Champions League, but the reencounters of this match are already being the subject of several stories in the European press. As Cristiano Ronaldo has already faced the Red Devils when playing for Real Madrid, his return to Old Trafford isn’t making that much noise as it did the first time.It’s Paul Pogba who’s in the spotlight this time, and the Italian media has already started to link his meeting with Juve as a reason to recall the transfer rumours.Website Calcio Mercato claims the midfielder will face Juventus ‘as the most discontented player in Europe, looking at the top players’ the Old Lady have.Embed from Getty ImagesThey make it clear that the Frenchman’s move to United hasn’t worked out as expected, and in the meantime, Juventus have built a pretty strong team which he would be happy to join in the near future.Calcio Mercato has a go at Jose Mourinho. Twice.First saying he could never get the best from Cristiano Ronaldo, who they believe improved a lot since the Portuguese boss left Real Madrid. And now the same is happening to Pogba.To end the story, they say that Paul Pogba may return to Turin at the end of the season, but this time, not as an opponent.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameChallenge Your Brain With This Must-Play Strategy Game. No Install.Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoPremier Diamond BoutiqueHong Kong’s first lab-grown diamond empirePremier Diamond BoutiqueUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoDating.comWhere do attractive singles meet in Tung Chung?Dating.comUndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystDigitization in Banks Is No Longer About Efficiency, but Business Resilience. Don’t Get Left Behind.StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥UndoInstant Voice TranslatorGenius Japanese Invention Allows You To Instantly Speak 43 LanguagesInstant Voice TranslatorUndoCNBC InternationalSingapore’s Freelancers Find New Income During the Coronavirus Pandemic.CNBC InternationalUndoPerfect-Dating.comReveal Tung Chung As The Best City to Date for Love & RomancePerfect-Dating.comUndo
Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — What’s even better than receiving a special achievement award? Having the award named after you.TV legend Carol Burnett will receive the first-ever Carol Burnett Award for television achievement at the upcoming Golden Globe awards. The award will be the equivalent of its film counterpart, the Cecil B. DeMille Award, and will be presented annually to someone who has made outstanding contributions to television on or off the screen. Recipients will be chosen based on their body of work and the lasting impact they’ve had on audiences and the industry.Burnett, 85, is already a five-time Golden Globe winner and the most decorated person of all time in the television category. She’ll accept the special achievement honor when the 76th annual Golden Globes air live coast to coast on Sunday, Jan. 6, 2019 from 5-8 p.m. PT/8-11 p.m. ET on NBC.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Jennifer Hudson, “JHUD” (RCA)Jennifer Hudson’s new album, “JHUD,” would fly off the shelves if every copy included a tiny stage, complete with miniature Jennifer Hudson singing live.Her voice — that powerful instrument capable of toppling pillars, and sending wigs into a tailspin — is what enraptured “American Idol” audiences back in 2004, and the rest of the world in 2006 with “Dreamgirls,” which won Hudson an Oscar.But three albums into Hudson’s music career, the Grammy-winning star still sounds like she’s singing other people’s music. That is to say, while “JHUD” is solid collection of tracks, Hudson seems to be conforming to fit a sound and persona not her own.“Daddy do, do or die, tatt my name so I know you’re mine,” she sings on opening track “Dangerous” — a far cry from the “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” of yore. That soulfulness takes a backseat to the tough-chick-in-love persona that drives “JHUD,” rippling through the sassy “Walk It Out,” featuring Timbaland, and “He Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere,” with Iggy Azalea.The songs are fun, admittedly, but they beg the question, “Jennifer, is that really you?”Other tracks are more believable, and more enjoyable, too. There’s the disco-tinged “It’s Your World,” featuring R. Kelly, and Hudson’s interpretation of “I Still Love You” from British house DJ Switch.Her vocals float effortlessly from honeyed to heavy on “Bring Back the Music,” and she sets off goose bumps in a stirring tribute to her late mother on “Moan,” which closes the 10-track set.Still, there’s no getting around the disappointment of an OK, but not amazing album from Hudson. Here’s hoping that her next set is as unique and powerful as she is.Follow Melanie J. Sims at twitter.com/MelanieJoySims
Floyd Mayweather Jr., left, and Conor McGregor pose for photographers during a news conference Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017, in Las Vegas. The two are scheduled to fight in a boxing match Saturday in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher) LAS VEGAS (AP) — Floyd Mayweather Jr. says it was the first punch of the fight. His promoter thinks it came during the second round. One shot to the head, and suddenly Manny Pacquiao decided his night might better be spent fighting on the outside.“I let him know it’s not what you think it is,” Mayweather said. “You’re not just going to run in there. He felt a strength he didn’t expect.”The knock on Mayweather — and the reason some people give Conor McGregor a chance Saturday night — is that he doesn’t knock out people. Pacquiao never went down either, but Mayweather showed there are other ways to change a fight than putting a fighter on the canvas.McGregor may find that out early if he goes after Mayweather at the opening bell as expected. The prevailing theory is that McGregor wins the power battle, but there’s more than one fighter with power in this, the most unusual of fights.“When he gets hit he’s going to find out it’s totally different,” Mayweather said. “The brittle hands, they keep saying that, but when I come across his head he’ll find out that it’s totally different.”McGregor doesn’t believe that, of course and predicted again Wednesday that the fight would end early with Mayweather on his back.“I believe one or two rounds, with 8-ounce gloves I don’t see him surviving,” McGregor said. “I’m starting to think I’ll toy with him once he goes down.”The two fighters got together for the final pre-fight press conference to further hype a fight built on hype. In contrast to the bombastic tone of earlier appearances it was a relatively subdued affair at the MGM Grand.They posed together and didn’t come close to exchanging blows. They did both manage to get in a few final words, though.“It’s not going to be easy Conor,” Mayweather told his opponent. “I’ve got a great chin but remember this: The same way you give it you gotta be able to take it.”Though ticket sales have been tepid — largely because of astronomical prices — the pay-per-view is expected to be watched by some 50 million people in the United States alone and millions more worldwide.It’s half-fight, half-spectacle, a bout that matches a UFC star who has never boxed against a masterful ring technician with a record of 49-0. Born of internet hype, it has captured the curiosity of even those outside both sports and could end up being the richest fight ever.And it’s a bout Mayweather says he is taking very seriously, despite training at odd hours and holding meet-and-greets every night before the fight with fans who come to his strip club.“I’m taking a gamble,” said Mayweather, who is coming off a two-year layoff. “But it’s worth it.”Mayweather’s fight with Pacquiao ended up going 12 long rounds, and turning a lot of people off from boxing. But while Mayweather hasn’t really knocked out anyone in a decade, he says the streak will come to an end in what he insists is his final fight.Oddsmakers in this gambling town hope it’s not McGregor stopping Mayweather early as he claims. McGregor fans have placed thousands of small bets at long-shot odds of their man knocking Mayweather out in the early rounds, and sports books could suffer their worst loss ever in what is expected to be the most heavily fight ever.McGregor also believes that’s exactly what is going to happen.. He said his years in the octagon and his varied skillset will translate well into the boxing ring, especially after a three-month camp where he used a former referee to help him adjust to boxing rules.What he didn’t bring in was any boxing trainer to teach him more about the sport, insisting that the team he has always been with knows him so well that it wouldn’t have made a difference.“We added what is useful and discarded what is not,” he said. “As the final sparring session approached all the unnecessary was gone. It was a cleaner product, just the perfect product.”He was dismissive of Mayweather to the end, telling those attending the final press conference that Mayweather is not only a one dimensional fighter but more than likely not the sports bettor he claims to be when posting his winning tickets online.Perhaps, he said, that’s the reason Mayweather still owes the IRS $22.2 million in back taxes.“I think he has a big-time gambling problem,” McGregor said. “He always shows his winning bets but never his losers. Maybe that’s why he’s in the position he is and had to take this fight.”
From martial arts to acting, CAPA senior Sundiata El Rice conquers whatever he puts his mind to“To be young gifted and Black, oh what a lovely precious dream…”The words to this iconic song by Nina Simone take on an entirely different frame of reference for 17-year-old Sundiata El Rice, a Pittsburgh CAPA high school senior studying theater.While still in elementary school, between the ages of 8 and 14, he won 25 martial arts special awards comprised of seven state championships, nine national and nine international.His trophies are too numerous to count for his achievements in Tang Soo Do, a form of Korean martial arts. Like many young men, he was exposed to martial arts via his exposure to Bruce Lee movies, the Rush Hour movie series, and, yes, video games.His grandmother, Aisha White, learned of his interest and took him to C.S. Kim karate school, enrolled him and El Rice took it from there.El Rice’s mother, Tashia Scott’El Terry, said she was “worried at first because I don’t think he was counting on how demanding it would be. And he was unaccustomed to taking discipline from a man such as his instructor. And truthfully, it did take him awhile to adjust. And just before he won his first competition, I saw it come together for him.”“Martial arts became the tool to help me deal with many of the things I was going through personally, like the fact that the man my mother married turned out to be mean and abusive,” El Rice revealed in an interview with the New Pittsburgh Courier. “This training became a way for me to vent and express some of the anger I was holding.”
Neymar 2020: Barcelona convinced the Brazilian will return next year Neymar is now in Brazil, a long way away from Paris and his failed exit from PSG. It’s time to turn the page, but Neymar doesn’t seem to be able to forget. According to Brazilian outlet UOL Esporte, Neymar blames Leonardo, the French club’s sporting director, for his non-move back to Barcelona. For him, Leonardo is the main reason he’s not now a Barça player again. 03/09/2019 Upd. on 04/09/2019 at 10:43 CEST IN SPORT.ES RELATED STORIES “Neymar can go if a club pays 300 million euros for him” Neymar’s relationship with Leonardo is practically broken and now it remains to be seen how both will live alongside each other at PSG until 2020, when the Brazilian could once again look to leave the French champions. Neymar – Leonardo: Alta tensión For that reason, despite the fact Neymar’s now in Miami and Leonardo is in Paris, where he closed the window with deals for Mauro Icardi and Keylor Navas, it’s been revealed the relationship between the two will not be what it was before. From now on, it will be much tenser. It could even complicate PSG’s plans to clean the Brazil star’s image with the fans and ease him back into the first team shirt and supporters’ hearts. sport.es
By MaraMORE than 3000 people steamed alongside Puffing Billy for the 2010 Great Race. People of all ages took on…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Hunters coach Michael Marum said training so far had gone well over the past few weeks.Marum added that the squad has been trimmed to 29 players.”We should have a final squad by the end of the week which might be announced on the 2nd of January next year as we want to make sure players who got injured during training are fit before being named,” said Marum.