The landid gentry

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Retail defies gloom at Cushman sale

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Barbados records forth death

first_img More deaths from COVID-19 recorded in CARICOM countries,… COVID-19 Update Barbados records 6th death April 22Barbados has recorded its sixth death to COVID-19.    The Ministry of Health and Wellness has reported that the deceased is a 70-year-old CARICOM national who resided in Barbados. The diabetic gentleman became infected by a known case who travelled abroad. He was diagnosed and admitted into isolation on April 1. However, he…April 22, 2020In “General”Barbados records two COVID-19 CasesMinisterial Statement On COVID-19 By Minister Of Health And Wellness The Honourable Lt. Col. Jeffrey Bostic (Barbados Government Information Service) Today I am advising the public that Barbados has recorded its first two cases of COVID-19. The patients are a 48-year-old visitor who arrived in Barbados on March 13th from…March 17, 2020In “Barbados”Barbadians urged to keep following COVID-19 protocolsBarbadians are being encouraged to comply with all COVID-19 protocols as the country recently relaxed many restrictions which were put in place to control the pandemic. COVID-19 Czar, Richard Carter, said regrettably, he had seen evidence of some people “dropping their guard”.  Therefore, he stressed that it was necessary for…June 18, 2020In “General”Share this on WhatsApp Six Eastern Caribbean countries deemed safe for travel – CDC Oct 16, 2020 Barbados Government Information Service Share this:PrintTwitterFacebookLinkedInLike this:Like Loading… A fourth person died from COVID-19 in Barbados Thursday night. You may be interested in… St. Lucia records more cases of COVID Oct 16, 2020 Oct 15, 2020 The Ministry of Health and Wellness reported that the deceased is a 57-year-old diabetic female, who was infected by a known case who travelled abroad. Oct 15, 2020 Acting Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Anton Best, this morning expressed sympathy on behalf of the Government and people of Barbados, to the family and friends of the deceased. CMO says Saint Lucia at critical stage of COVID-19 outbreak She presented to health services in critical condition and tested positive for COVID-19 on March 30. The patient passed away at about 9:00 last night.She is the first woman and youngest person to succumb to the viral illness, so far. The first three victims were all male, and ranged in age from 74 to 95.last_img read more

New contract awards for BOC India, but declining Q2 results

first_imgGet instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribelast_img

Arcadion lands work on Statoil’s Mariner platform

first_imgArcadion has received a contract by DSME for Accommodation works on the new Statoil Mariner platform. Being built in South Korea, the platform, when complete, will be located in the UK North Sea.The initial contract includes detailed design, fabrication and installation of the Cold Rooms and Freezers with the associated refrigeration plant skids to support onboard catering facilities in accordance with NORSOK standards & projects specification. All UK engineering works and installation and commissioning in South Korea will be carried out by ARCADION’s very experienced in-house teams.ARCADION were involved in both the initial schematic and detailed design phases with CB&I prior to the full scope going to tender. From previous experience and knowledge of working alongside CB&I, ARCADION were able to meet the exacting requirements set out by Statoil, DSME and CB&I.Speaking of the contract award Clive Gregory, ARCADION Technical Director said “It is further proof of ARCADION’s increasing reputation and capabilities within the new build sector and is a fantastic achievement to be involved in one of the largest new offshore field developments in the UK for over 10 years and Statoil’s first UK based platform.“ [mappress]Press Release, June 19, 2014last_img read more

Pointing the finger at ideologies

first_img Darren White, Deighton Guedella Solicitors, London EC1 In ‘Equality law is victimising Christians’ (28 April), Andrea Minichiello Williams makes the statement, ‘law cannot be divorced from Christianity’, while criticising totalitarian ideologies like fascism and communism. Does is not occur to Ms Williams that Christianity, if it is taken seriously, is also a totalitarian ideology, in that it purports to provide an exclusive definition of the truth, comprehensive answers to all life’s questions and an infallible guide to conduct? In other words, to say ‘law cannot be divorced from Christianity’ is as nonsensical and dangerous as to say ‘law cannot be divorced from Marxism’.last_img

It started with a referendum…

first_imgStay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletters Subscribe now for unlimited access To continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN Get your free guest access  SIGN UP TODAY Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our communitylast_img read more

Perkins gets new chief

first_imgEhr previously held the position of chief operating officer at Perkins, leading all operational departments including engineering, project management and coordination, field operations, fabrication services, and equipment maintenance.www.perkinsstc.comlast_img

Government proposes single court order to fight domestic abuse

first_imgThe government has proposed creating a single protection order applicable across the criminal, family and civil courts among measures unveiled today to support victims of domestic abuse, acknowledging that the current range of orders can confuse victims and practitioners.A Home Office and Ministry of Justice consultation, entitled Transforming the response to domestic abuse, states that domestic violence protection orders are specific to cases of domestic violence, but that other orders, including restraining, non-molestation and occupation orders, can be made in varying circumstances. These orders vary in terms of who can apply for them, the conditions attached and the consequences if they are breached. Different parties, including victims, agencies and the police, can apply for different orders.The government says the absence of a single order applicable across the criminal, family and civil courts ‘can lead to confusion for victims and practitioners in domestic abuse cases and problems with enforcement. Some police practitioners and organisations representing victims have also cited the absence of the potential for criminal sanction following breach as limiting the effectiveness of the existing domestic violence protection order’.Courts will be able to issue the new order during ongoing proceedings, on conviction or acquittal in criminal proceedings. Existing restraining, non-molestation and occupation orders will continue as they provide protection in other situations.The government also proposes to create a new statutory definition recognising abuse that happens in all types of relationships, include single incidents and behaviour patterns, including ‘economic abuse’.Today’s consultation paper states that convictions for crimes related to domestic abuse have risen by 61%, to 70,853, over the past decade. More than 300 charges have been made under the offence of controlling or cooercive behaviour in an intimate partner or family relationship, introduced under the Serious Crime Act 2015.In a joint foreword, justice secretary David Gauke and home secretary Amber Rudd say all forms of violence and abuse are unacceptable ‘but it is particularly shocking when it is carried out by those who are supposedly closest to the victims, and by those who profess to love the very people that they subject to terrible psychological, emotional and physical abuse’.Gauke and Rudd added that the response victims receive, and the action taken to punish and rehabilitate offenders, is not a ‘postcode lottery’.The consultation closes on 31 May.last_img read more

Diesel-battery hybrid trial ends

first_imgUK: Brush Traction is to return the Class 43 HST power car used to test lithium ion battery hybrid traction technology to its original diesel-only specification. Developed with Hitachi and Porterbrook Leasing, the Hayabusa power car has been running as part of Network Rail’s New Measurement Train since 2007 (RG 7.07 p428).Watch Hayabusa in action Conversion entailed installing a lithium ion battery and inverter in a Mk III coach permanently coupled to the power car. Energy regenerated during braking was stored for re-use. Experience with the inspection train demonstrated fuel savings on the single power car ranging from 12% on long runs to 20% on duties with frequent braking. The power car is to be used from December by East Midlands Trains, which is understood to have been able to accept the loss of a coach for the battery, but the non-standard power car would have complicated operations.last_img read more