By Bharat Sharma New Delhi, Mar 17 (PTI) In a departure from convention, Indias chief boxing coaches S R Singh and Shiv Singh have been left out of the contingent for the Commonwealth Games to held in Gold Coast from April 4-15.Mens chief coach S R Singh and womens chief coach Shiv Singh will be travelling with the 12-member CWG squad tomorrow but only for the one week training camp at the Australian Institute of Sports in Canberra.The two senior coaches will head back to India after the training stint and will be replaced by assistant coaches from India in the squad.During the Games, High Performance Director Santiago Nieva and womens high performance manager Raffaele Bergamasco will lead the coaching contingent for India.It has been learnt that this decision has not gone down well with the Indian coaches. Former India coach Gurbax Singh Sandhu, who has been associated with both mens and womens team in the past, was a regular member of the contingent in multi-sporting events like the CWG and the Olympics. R K Sacheti, executive director at Boxing Federation of India, said leaving out the Indian coaches was a call they were forced to take. It is a 21-member contingent including 12 boxers, five coaches, two physios and a video analyst. “According to the Commonwealth Games Federation rules, the support staff size cannot be more than one third the size of athletes contingent. The foreign coaches have to be there, so unfortunately someone had to miss out,” Sacheti told PTI.advertisement “However, I don see it as much of an issue and there will be junior coaches who can be the communication link between the players and foreign coaches. Also, the Indian coaches will be there with the team for the entire training period. It is only that they will not be with them during the games,” he added.A BFI source said the decision was also dictated by the fact that the coaching contingent couldnt be entirely made of leaders. The ringside seconds comprise the chief coach and an assistant coach.”The leading positions are being held by Santiago and Raffaele and the coaching squad cannot just have leaders. Assistants have a job to do so they have to be in the contingent and thats why the Indian chief coaches are being left out,” the source said on condition of anonymity. PTI BS PM BS BS
The US reimposed sanctions in November on exports of Iranian oil after Trump unilaterally pulled out of a 2015 nuclear accord between Iran and six world powers.ReutersThe United States is expected to announce on Monday, April 22, that all importers of Iranian oil will have to end their imports shortly or be subject to US sanctions, a source familiar with the situation told Reuters. The source confirmed a report by a Washington Post columnist that the administration will terminate the sanctions waivers it had granted to some importers of Iranian oil late last year.US President Donald Trump has been clear to his national security team over the last few weeks that he wants the waivers to end, and national security adviser John Bolton has been working the issue within the administration.The US reimposed sanctions in November on exports of Iranian oil after Trump unilaterally pulled out of a 2015 nuclear accord between Iran and six world powers Washington is pressuring Iran to curtail its nuclear program and stop backing militant proxies across the Middle East.Along with sanctions, Washington has also granted waivers to eight economies that had reduced their purchases of Iranian oil, allowing them to continue buying it without incurring sanctions for six more monthsThey were China, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, Italy and Greece.But on Monday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will announce “that, as of May 2, the State Department will no longer grant sanctions waivers to any country that is currently importing Iranian crude or condensate,” the Post’s columnist Josh Rogin said in his report, citing two State Department officials that he did not nameOn Wednesday, Frank Fannon, US Assistant Secretary of State for Energy Resources, repeated the administration’s position that “Our goal is to get to zero Iranian exports as quickly as possible.”Other countries have been watching to see whether the United States would continue the waivers. Last Tuesday, Turkish presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin said that Turkey expects the United States to extend a waiver granted to Ankara to continue oil purchases from Iran without violating US sanctions. A gas flare on an oil production platform in the Soroush oil fields is seen alongside an Iranian flag in the Persian Gulf, Iran, July 25, 2005 [Representational Image].ReutersTurkey did not support US sanctions policy on Iran and did not think it would yield the desired result, Kalin told reporters in Washington.Washington has a campaign of ‘maximum economic pressure’ on Iran and through sanctions, it eventually aims to halt Iranian oil exports and thereby choke Tehran’s main source of revenue.So far in April, Iranian exports were averaging below 1 million barrels per day (bpd), according to Refinitiv Eikon data and two other companies that track such exports and declined to be identified.That is lower than at least 1.1 million bpd as estimated for March, and down from more than 2.5 million bpd before sanctions were reimposed last May. Brent crude futures, the international oil benchmark, were up nearly 2 percent at $73.25 a barrel, on the report that the waivers were to end.
Prothom Alo illustrationPolice on Thursday arrested three people from the capital’s Badda area over the incident of a secondary school certificate (SSC) candidate being brutally gang-raped in Khulna on 28 January, reports UNB.The detainees are Md Sagar Ali, 26, son of late Amjad Sikdar of Khan Jahan Ali, Md Billal, 30, son of late Renu Mia of Mosiali area of the port city and Md Shafik, 26, son of late Tokon Ali of same area.Officer-in-charge of Khan Jahan Ali police station Md Kabir Hossain said a team of police using different sources and information technology arrested the trio from Kuril Bishwa Road in Badda early Thursday.On Monday, the detainee gang-raped the victim at an abandoned building in Alimgate Kalabagan area in Khulna and fled.Later, locals rescued the bloodstained girl and admitted her to Khulna Medical College Hospital.The victim’s father filed a case with Khan Jahan Ali police station in this regard.
Facebook justified leaving the video on its site by saying that the publisher of the video wasn’t violating its terms of service just because it was false. A spokesperson told Variety last week: “Once the video was fact checked as false, we dramatically reduced its distribution. Speed is critical to this system, and we continue to improve our response. People who see the video in feed, try to share it from feed, or already shared it are alerted that it’s false.” ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety House Speaker Nancy Pelosi strongly criticized Facebook over its decision to keep a manipulated video of her on its service, telling public radio station KQED that the social media giant was “lying to the public.”Facebook didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday.A video that was doctored to suggest that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was intoxicated during a recent public event appeared on Facebook last week, and has since been viewed close to 3 million times. Facebook declined to remove the video, but curtailed its distribution by not showing it to users in their news feed anymore.In her conversation with KQED, Pelosi said that Facebook should take down the video. She proceeded to link the incident to Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, saying: “We have said all along, ‘Poor Facebook, they were unwittingly exploited by the Russians.’ I think wittingly, because right now they are putting up something that they know is false.”
Groomed bodies to coiffed hair, smooth chests to manicured hands and beards, men are increasingly opening up to the various aspects of grooming from skin care, facial styling and body-grooming, reveals a survey.]According to Philips India’s annual Stylescape survey, men are getting inquisitive about grooming. This was the fifth annual survey conducted to study about male grooming preferences in India. They interviewed 300 males and 250 females in the age group 20-30 years in key metros, read a statement. Also Read – Add new books to your shelfOut of various grooming habits like skincare, facial styling, shaving, hairstyling and body-grooming, the majority of women wanted their significant others to start taking care of their skin. And 74 per cent women take note of the skin quality when they notice men. Skin care is increasingly climbing up the priority list for men as well with 29 per cent stating that they consider skin care an important aspect of their grooming routine. What’s more? 79 per cent men admit to being open about trying skin care regimens at home. Also Read – Over 2 hours screen time daily will make your kids impulsiveFacial styling is the most sought after form of grooming. And when it comes to facial styling, shaving remains the first and foremost form of grooming 62 per cent men start with, followed by trimming as a second. When it comes to the fairer sex, 83 per cent women understand that men’s grooming consists of more than just shaving. To add to it, 73 per cent women mentioned an increase in the number of men they see during their visit to the salon. With 29 per cent men considering skin care an important aspect of their grooming routine, 61 per cent admitted to visiting a salon monthly. Men are increasingly spending more on their grooming, with 39 per cent visiting the salon more than once a month; 20 per cent men spending over Rs 1,000 on services other than haircuts. The increasing trend of body-grooming stems from 55 per cent men wanting to take care of their bodies and maintain hygiene. As many as 73 per cent women admitted to having an aversion to men’s body hair. Most women admitted to sharing their grooming products with a male family member or friend. When asked, 41 per cent women said they had shared skin care products like facial scrubs, cleanser brushes and 26 per cent women shared grooming products like depilation creams. When it comes to discussing body-grooming with their partners, 69 per cent women indulge in such discussion. While men are taking control of their grooming rituals and choices; 73 per cent men admitted that they look at getting inputs and advice from people or turned towards men’s magazines, mobile apps, men’s blogs and brand websites for answers. Interestingly, the women too are taking charge – while 84 per cent women said they would like to talk to their partners about body grooming, 69 percent stated they already do.
Friday, March 31, 2017 Norwegian Jade “an essentially new vessel” with new restaurants, refurbished staterooms MIAMI — A three week dry dock has added two brand new restaurants and two new bars and lounges, updated design and décor in many public spaces and a refurbishment of all staterooms to Norwegian Jade.The renovation is part of The Norwegian Edge upgrade program and comes in time for NCL’s first ever complete season sailing from Hamburg to the Norwegian Fjords, with embarkation also available in the UK, onboard Norwegian Jade.“We’re thrilled to welcome Norwegian Jade back into the fleet with her new stylish finishes and modernized onboard atmosphere,” said Norwegian Cruise Line President and CEO, Andy Stuart. “It is our sincere goal to deliver a fantastic vacation experience across our entire fleet, and this update to Norwegian Jade is an opportunity for us to enhance the ship’s hardware to match the fantastic guest experience our hardworking crew delivers to our guests every day.”Norwegian’s 24-hour neighborhood pub-style restaurant, O’Sheehan’s Bar & Grill, has been added to deck eight. Serving up cold brews and snack-time favourites in a relaxed atmosphere, the new venue features modern flooring, refurbished front and back bars and new banquet seating.The Pit Stop, a newly installed concept for Norwegian Jade, will serve up poolside fun and fare in a 1950s-style American diner atmosphere, clad with vintage license plates, gas station signage and classic car elements.Moderno Churrascaria received a new home on deck 13 and features a new upscale glass door entrance and floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing for panoramic views of the ocean enhanced by new flooring, wall coverings and upgraded furniture.More news: A new low for no-frills flying: easyJet assigns backless seat to passengerMore Norwegian Jade guests can now dine in Cagney’s Steakhouse; additional seating has been added to the completely refurbished space, which offers a new colour scheme befitting of a classic steakhouse, upgraded flooring, new wall linings and a cozy new virtual fireplace.La Cucina, Norwegian’s signature Italian specialty restaurant, received an elegant modernization with several new features including updated décor and furniture, flooring, a new decorative bar and an impressive wine display wall.Teppanyaki, Norwegian’s Japanese hibachi grill restaurant, was enhanced with updated furnishings and fittings while complimentary favorites Jasmine Garden and the Garden Café also received extensive enhancements including newly designed spaces with upgrades to furniture, new flooring and much more.Passengers looking to dance the night away aboard Norwegian Jade can now do so in the new Bliss Ultra Lounge on deck seven, which has the feel of an upscale Miami nightclub and features a cool colour palette of silvers, greys and black.Guests who wish to indulge in an exotic cocktail can enjoy their favorite mojito, or opt for a flight and try them all, at the new Sugarcane Mojito Bar on deck 13 adjacent to Moderno Churrascaria, a Norwegian fan favorite since the concept debuted on Norwegian Getaway in 2014. Sugarcane features new granite bar fronts as well as new furnishings and finishes.Norwegian Jade’s Spinnaker Lounge also received a complete redesign of the entire space to include new flooring and window treatments, decorative chandeliers, reupholstered seating and refurbished bars with contemporary mosaic tiling and LED lighting.More news: Hotel charges Bollywood star $8.50 for two bananas and the Internet has thoughtsEvery stateroom on the ship was enhanced during this renovation, with all receiving new carpets, furniture, flat screen TVs, new larger headboards with USB charging outlets and more than 2,000 new pieces of artwork.All suites and villas in The Haven now feature new wall and ceiling finishes, new flooring throughout the suites and balconies, plus new soft goods and drapery.Norwegian Jade’s villas and suites also received more than 250 new pieces of artwork alone. A complete refurbishment of the ship’s Haven Courtyard includes four new plush cabanas at the top of the ship and a newly refinished pool surrounded by modern furnishings and new artwork.The Atrium, the heart of the action on Norwegian Jade, has also been enhanced with a refreshed look and décor including a custom-designed marquee chandelier, enhanced reception and shore excursion areas and a new large TV screen and relaxed banquette seating. The ship’s main pool deck was also upgraded.On April 30, after wrapping up the winter season in the Western Caribbean, the ship will journey across the Atlantic to its summer homeports of Southampton and Hamburg for sailings along the Norwegian Fjords as well as Norway & North Cape itineraries. Travelweek Group Posted by Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line Share << Previous PostNext Post >>