For months, trade war tensions with China have been on the rise. The Chinese government said Friday morning it would implement a $75 billion retaliatory tariffs on U.S. goods — a response to President Trump’s $300 billion tariff on Chinese goods.After the announcement, Trump said he would raise tariffs on Chinese goods by as much as 30 percent, according to the Wall Street Journal.As the back and forth unfolds, watch the video above to see how the multibillion-dollar trade war has hit New York real estate so far.Voice-over by Lucas McGill This content is for subscribers only.Subscribe Now
GROVES — The Groves Fire Department is hosting a groundbreaking ceremony at 2 p.m. Wednesday for the construction of the new fire station. The address is 5911 West Washington in Groves.Construction is set to begin Thursday.The current fire station was built in 1957.
“With ISLA’s local presence through a vast network of representative offices and its experience in the Italian market, we are looking forward to growing together in the future,” said Lars Feller, global vice president of dship Carriers.dship Carriers expects the partnership to support the company’s growth in the Italian market, while providing customers with high-quality ocean transportation services. www.islaship.comdship-carriers.com
Share Gabriel Wortman(BBC) A gunman disguised as a policeman killed at least 16 people, including a female police officer, in what is believed to be Canada’s worst mass shooting.The 12-hour rampage started late on Saturday and ended with a car chase.Police said the suspect shot people at different locations in Nova Scotia, many of them randomly. He was killed in a confrontation with police.He was reported to have been driving what looked like a police car.Police began receiving calls about shots being fired at a home in Portapique about 22:00 local time (01:00 GMT on Sunday), the Globe and Mail reports.Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers arrived to find “several casualties” inside and outside the home, but did not find the suspect.The alleged attacker, who was later identified by Nova Scotia police tweets as 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman, owned two large properties in the village, the Globe and Mail says.At 23:30, RCMP tweeted that officers were responding to a firearms complaint in the area, and advised residents to lock themselves indoors. While officers descended on the scene, a series of fires broke out around the community, and then later at homes about 40km (25 miles) north, the Globe and Mail reports.Neighbours told the newspaper that Mr Wortman set fire to his home and several buildings on the property, and shot people when they ran out of their homes.RCMP continued pursuing Mr Wortman for hours, following a series of crime scenes that police said were “scattered across the province” and which police are still working to piece together.Authorities were still trying to establish the final death toll on Sunday. They warned that there may be more victims.RCMP Constable Heidi Stevenson, who had served in the force for 23 years, was among those killed.“Heidi answered the call of duty and lost her life while protecting those she served,” Nova Scotia RCMP Commanding Officer, Assistant Commissioner Lee Bergerman said in a Facebook post.“Two children have lost their mother and a husband his wife. Parents lost their daughter and countless others lost an incredible friend and colleague,” Commissioner Bergerman said.Another victim has been identified as Lisa McCully, a teacher, the Globe and Mail reports, quoting a post written by the victim’s sister on Facebook.Neighbours say Mr Wortman owned a successful denture clinic in Dartmouth, and had a strong interest in RCMP and RCMP memorabilia, the Globe reports.Chief Superintendent Chris Leather said he was not aware of Mr Wortman having had a history of violence, or extremist political views, and that there did not appear to be anything linking the victims to each other.RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki said she believed the gunman had an initial “motivation” that “turned to randomness”, according to CBC News.Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau described it as “a terrible situation”, and Nova Scotia Premier Stephen McNeil told reporters “this is one of the most senseless acts of violence in our province’s history.”Gabriel Wortman was not employed by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, but “may be wearing a RCMP uniform”, police said during the attack.“There’s one difference between his car and our Royal Canadian Mounted Police vehicles: the car # [registration plate]. The suspect’s car is 28B11, behind rear passenger window. If you see 28B11 call 911 immediately,” they tweeted on Sunday.The gunman later changed cars to drive a “small silver Chevrolet SUV”, police added.The police provided few details about how the suspected gunman died.Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada where gun ownership laws are stricter than in the neighbouring United States.Last year, two fugitive teenagers confessed to killing three people, including an Australian-US couple on holiday, in northern British Columbia.In 2017, university student Alexandre Bissonnette shot dead six worshippers and injured either others a Quebec City mosque.The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have been targeted in a number of shootings, including an attack that left three officers dead in Moncton, New Brunswick, in 2014.In 1989, a college shooting in Quebec left 14 women dead after the killer sent all the men out of the classroom and opened fire. Share InternationalNews Gunman Kills At Least 16 in Canada by: – April 20, 2020 Tweet Share 65 Views no discussions Sharing is caring!
0Shares0000LIBREVILLE, Equatorial Guinea, January 26 – Equatorial Guinea grabbed the headlines on day five of the Africa Cup of Nations with a stunning defeat of Senegal to become the first team into the quarter-finals.The 2012 co-hosts and competition rookies secured their passage to the last eight with a 2-1 win over the Group A favourites at a rain-sodden pitch in Bata.An astonishing achievement for a side rated a lowly 151 in FIFA’s world rankings. And they did it the hard way, Iban ‘Randy’ Iyanga putting them into a 62nd minute lead only for Moussa Sow to level a minute from time.But David Alvarez hit back in the fourth minute of injury time to create history for this central West African nation.Alvarez burst into tears when the final whistle sounded as the crowd went beserk.Their achievement was all the more notable considering teams of the calibre of Egypt, winners in 2006, 2008, and 2010, Cameroon, Nigeria, South Africa and Nigeria couldn’t even make it through qualifying.For Senegal the result spelled an embarrassing early flight home, this defeat coming on the back of their opening 2-1 loss to Zambia combined with the Zambians’ 2-2 draw with Libya in the other Group A match Wednesday.Victorious captain Juvenal said: “We were a little lucky to score the second goal in the last few seconds! It’s fantastic for us and our supporters. We’re very hopeful for the future.“Now we want to beat Zambia in our last match because we want to finish top of the group.”Senegal coach Amara Traore commented: “I congratulate Equatorial Guinea for qualifying.“As for us, we tried everything, I’m content for my players, they gave their all. I am frustrated though, as we came here to make an impact.”Glory for Equatorial Guinea has swelled their bank balances too.They picked up a $1 million bonus from the son of the country’s president for Monday’s 1-0 defeat of Libya, with another bonus on its way for their heroics against Senegal.Zambia’s match against Libya was preceded by a deluge which rendered the pitch virtually unplayable.Ahmed Osman struck early in each half for the Libyans but his goals were cancelled out as Emmanuel Mayuka and captain Christopher Katongo netted.Libya, whose players risked their lives to fulfil qualifying fixtures while a civil war raged in the north African country, retain a mathematical chance of making the last eight.The kick-off was delayed 76 minutes after torrential late-afternoon rain dotted the pitch at the 35,000-seat stadium with mini lakes.Efforts to clear puddles of varying sizes included the use of brooms, long and short planks of wood and the belated appearance of a machine which speeded up the process.Katongo questioned the decision to stage the game.“It wasn’t easy and I’m quite disappointed the referee took this decision. It was only in the middle of the pitch that we could play a bit, everywhere else it was ping-pong, and we don’t know how to play ping-pong,” he said.“Our game is on the ground, and the ball wouldn’t move. We did what we could – the ref made a decision, a human being can make a mistake.”Libya’s Brazilian coach Marcos Paqueta said: “It was hard for both teams to play in these conditions.“I think the result was deserved. We were up against a very good Zambia side, the group favourites. We still have a chance to qualify.”Thursday’s Group B programme sees Sudan up against Angola and Ivory Coast taking on Burkina Faso.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)