In the Big Ten opener, Hart stands outThe sophomore had 20 kills in the match against Michigan, tied for a career best.Outside hitter Alexis Hart pushes the ball past UCLA in the Sports Pavilion on Dec. 10, 2016. Owen MageauSeptember 25, 2017Jump to CommentsShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via EmailPrintIn the Gophers’ Big Ten volleyball opener on Friday, their top returner in kills shined.Outside hitter Alexis Hart led the way for Minnesota with 20 kills in four sets against the No. 20 Michigan Wolverines as the Gophers won 3-1 at Maturi Pavilion on Friday night. “That’s what we expect,” said head coach Hugh McCutcheon. “She is a very good volleyball player. She can be dominant and certainly she carried her fair share tonight. No question.”On the season, Hart has 143 kills and is second in kills per set with 3.18. Hart also has 19 block assists this year. Her 20 kills in the match tied her career-high total.“She has worked hard and she has got better” McCutcheon said. “I think she is embracing the idea that she has the ability to be a complete volleyball player.”In her freshman year, she played in all 34 matches. She finished second on the team in kills with 359, kills per set with 2.85 and attempts with 945. Hart’s freshman campaign earned her a freshman All-Big Ten selection. Now, she’s in her sophomore season, and Hart said she’s excited about the first match of the Big Ten season. This was the first of many Big Ten matches, and Hart knows the competition will be tough the rest of the way. “I feel like everyone did pretty well tonight,” Hart said. “I feel like as games go on, Big Ten is always a battle, we have to take it one game at a time.”Samantha Seliger-Swenson had 51 assists in match, while adding four blocks. When asked about her great performance, Hart was quick to spread the praise to her teammates. “[Seliger-Swenson] is an amazing setter and the other girls on the team played pretty good,” Hart said. “I feel like we were really balanced.”With the Big Ten season opening up, it’s a good time for Hart to be playing her best volleyball. She was asked if her hands hurt from all the kills. “No,” Hart said with a laugh.
Tweet Share Share Anthony Scotland, Coordinator for the Mahaut, Massacre, Campbell, Despond, Tarreau and Layou Park Roof Replacement ProgrammeUnder phase one of the roof replacement project in the Mahaut Constituency over one hundred houses have been reroofed. During the press ceremony on Thursday 30 August 2018, Coordinator for the Mahaut, Massacre, Campbell, Despore, Tarreau and Layou Park Roof Replacement Programme for the Mahaut Constituency, Anthony Scotland explained that the Mahaut Village Council received a cheque of two million dollars from the government of Dominica. These funds were to facilitate phase one of the Mahaut roof repair programme. “Actually we were able to do over a hundred houses with that money; houses have been done from Warner, Tarreau, Jimmit, Mahaut, Massacre, Campbell, Despore and in the Canefield area. So we have done tremendously well with this money.”Meanwhile he revealed that over one hundred and fifty people were given the building materials needed to do their repairs. “While we were not able to assist them in giving them the labour cost, we were able to give them the materials to repair their home.”Scotland said the program under phase one went well in the Mahaut Constituency. “I must shower my praise to some of the assessors; we had eleven assessors in the area and some contractors…they have done a very good job.” LocalNews Over 100 houses reroofed in Mahaut Constituency so far by: Dominica Vibes News – September 3, 2018 Sharing is caring! 242 Views no discussions Share
Manchester United confirmed on Thursday they had completed the signing of Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon.The 25-year-old has signed a five-and-a-half year contract at Old Trafford with an option to extend for a further year.The long-anticipated deal, with an initial fee of around £47 million ($61.2 million), was finalised after Fernandes, who has 19 international caps, agreed personal terms and passed a medical.“We have been tracking Bruno for many months and everyone here has been tremendously impressed with all his attributes and what he will bring to this team,” said United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.“Most importantly he is a terrific human being with a great personality and his leadership qualities are clear for all to see.”Fernandes said he was delighted to be joining the club, who are fifth in the Premier League table.“My love of Manchester United really started when I used to watch Cristiano Ronaldo play and ever since then I have been a big fan of this great club,” Fernandes explained.“For me, to now play for Manchester United feels incredible.“I have worked hard to get to this moment and I can promise the fans that I will give everything for the badge to help bring us more success and trophies.”Fernandes will bolster United’s midfield ranks. Solskjaer has been short of numbers in that area since the departures of Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera, while injuries to Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay have exacerbated the problem.Fernandes has a reputation as a goalscoring, attacking midfielder who can operate centrally or out wide. He can also be deployed defensively.Related